Friday, 24 October 2014

What A Hoot!

Although I wouldn't describe myself as a massive animal lover, there is one animal that holds a special place in my heart....

I adore everything about Owls, from the way they look to the fact that they are completely silent when they fly - I think they are fascinating!

For my Birthday (way back in April) my friend bought me a wowcher for a half day Owl experience at the English School of Falconry. I decided to take my mum with me and last Saturday we set off in the car to go to and make some new friends!! 

We got there late, which in itself is a complete nightmare for me as I absolutely hate being late for anything! My car boot decided to fly open mid journey (we had to turn around and drive half way home and get in the other car). But once we had finally arrived our guide was already talking to the others in the group about three of the owls, so I hope we didn't miss too much! 

To start with, we got to meet three different owls - a barn owl called Raquel




A great grey owl called Muppet 



And an Asian Wood Owl Called Ollie. 




We got to hold the owls between the group (there was around ten of us) and get really close to them. Our guide was telling us facts about the birds we were holding. Our guide was really knowledgeable and clearly had a passion for the animals he was caring for. It was really great to see someone so interested in their job and it certainly made the experience much more exciting. 

We also got to view a flying display at the centre, in which they were flying falcons which was a nice bonus. 

The Final part of our day was the best bit. We got to fly the Owls, watching them fly so close and so silently to the ground was incredible and it was an excellent chance to get to see the different kinds of owls flying. One of the Owls didn't really fancy it as you can see from the picture below:




I think he just wanted to go back home! 

If you like owls or just fancy a different day out I'd totally recommend this experience. You can view the English School Of Falconary's website here

They have lost of different packages to choose from, however if this is a little steep keep your eye out on sites such as Wowcher or Groupon as they also run deals through these sites. 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are just so beautiful, It was such a lovely afternoon! xxx

      Delete
  2. What amazing photos :-)! This looks so fun!

    www.ramblesandbramblesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was incredible to get so close to them xxx

      Delete
  3. Amazing photographs! The owls are so cute! I've always loved Owls, they are so unique and beautiful!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too, they are my favourite animal! I love everything about them xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post,dear!:))
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so adorable and funny. Great pictures.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all were right little characters! Thank you :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. Ah I love Owls too, them and penguins are probs my favourites birds :)
    The list pic is so cute!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguins are so cute! :) thank you, he made me giggle because he'd decided he'd done enough flying for one day! xxxx

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx